- "... a country that is part of the United Kingdom, bordered by England to its east, and the Atlantic Ocean and Irish Sea to its west. (Wikipedia)
- "... one of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; during Roman times the region was known as Cambria" (WordNet)
- "... a constituency of the European Parliament. It currently elects 4 MEPs using the d'Hondt method of party-list proportional representation. (Wikipedia)
- ... situated to the west of England and is around 170 miles (256 km) long and 60 miles (96 km) wide. It covers just over 8,000 square miles (20,720 km²) - that's about the same size as Massachusetts in the USA or half the size of Switzerland. (wales.com)
- "...a sense of territory, a coherent history, a shared culture and a worthy parade of national heroes." (The Guardian review of The Welsh Academy Encyclopaedia of Wales)
Did you know that...
- ... Sindarin, one of J.R.R. Tolkien's Elvish languages, was inspired by and based on Welsh?
- ... Mt. Everest is named after a Welshman - and the first amputee to successfully climb to the top was also from Wales?
- ... the world's largest second-hand bookstore is in Hay-on-Wye in Wales?
- ... Roald Dahl, Dick Francis, Dylan Thomas, Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, Bonnie Tyler, Catatonia, Manic Street Preachers, Duffy, Richard Burton, Sir Anthony Hopkins and Catherine Zeta Jones are just a few of the world-famous Welsh people?
- ... leek (cenhinen) and daffodil (cenhinen Bedr) are national emblems of Wales?
- ... there is a notable Welsh settlement in Argentina?
What is a fanlisting?
A fanlisting is simply a list of fans of certain subject, in this case the country of Wales. Fanlisting are listed at and monitored by theFanlistings.org.
Fanlistings are open for everyone to join and completely free. They differ from web rings or cliques in that you do not have to have a site to join. The required information is your first name or nickname and your country - as well as a working email address to ensure that people are not joining multiple times. You can also have your website listed alongside your other information, but in that case it is a common courtesy to link back to the fanlisting too.
Please note that this fanlisting is run by only one fan. Even though I love Wales deeply, I can not help you with your traveling plans or in finding lost relatives. The links page is a good start for learning more about related topics, though.